The 10 most awesome munchkin-friendly activities this month.
Events selected by bunchfamily.ca
1. Soulpepper’s Alligator Pie brings the comical poems of Dennis Lee, “Canada’s Father Goose,” to the stage with serious bite.
To Nov. 25, Young Centre for the Performing Arts, 50 Tank House Ln., 416-866-8666. $20–$29.
2. Don’t just toss that jack-o-lantern into the compost bin after Halloween. Give it a proper send-off at the Mimico Pumpkin Parade, where pumpkins get one last chance to light up the night.
Nov. 1, Mimico Square, Amos Waites Park. Free.
3. Animal lovers can get up close with animals at The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair. This ain’t your average petting zoo.
Nov. 2–11, Exhibition Place, 416-263-3400. Kids $14, adults $18.
4. Round up your arboreal explorers and experience nature in High Park as it gears up for winter. Identify trees and learn how they survive the cold.
Nov. 3, High Park Nature Centre, 440 Parkside Dr., 416-392-1748, ext. 2. PWYC.
5. Wizard of Oz fans can sing along to Theatre Scarborough’s rendition of the musical fantasy. If you’re a die-hard, show up in costume.
Nov. 10, Scarborough Village Theatre, 3600 Kingston Road. 416-267-9292. $21–25.
6. Kick off winter with a bang: Bundle up and head down to Nathan Phillips Square for the Cavalcade of Lights. Watch the fireworks and that epic tree light up.
Nov. 17, Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St. W., 416-338-0338. Free.
7. Sharpen those skates—the Natrel Rink opens today.
Nov. 17, Harbourfront Centre, 235 Queens Quay W., 416-973-4000. Free.
8. Challenge your kid to a polyrhythmic drum workout with the Drum Artz crew, a Brazilian samba troupe that integrates African, Cuban, and Middle Eastern rhythms.
Nov. 18, Drum Artz Community Centre, 27 Primrose Ave., 416-538-6342. $10.
9. Make like the Swedes and celebrate the festive season with folk dancing and meatballs at the Harbourfront Centre’s Swedish Christmas Festival.
Nov. 24–25, Harbourfront Centre, 325 Queens Quay W., 416-973-4000. Free.
10. Check out the Distillery District in all its old-world Christmas decoration for Lowe’s Christmas Market. Sip mulled wine while the kids jaunt around Santa’s activity-filled lane.
Nov. 30–Dec. 16, Distillery District, 55 Mill St., 416-364-1177. Free.