Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. City Council will vote next week on naming Toronto’s ferry terminal after late NDP leader Jack Layton—but c’mon, we know it’s a sure thing.
2. Maggie Smith—who was once a leading lady at the Stratford festival—will be honoured at Stratford’s fundraising gala in September at the Four Seasons.
3. Bruce Springsteen delivered a diatribe against American bankers at a recent concert in Berlin. And he did it in German.
1. Kathie Lee Gifford has apologized after she did an interview with Martin Short in which she asked about his wife—who passed away two years ago.
2. A Justin Bieber concert held yesterday in Norway descended into chaos, even by Bieber standards.
3. Canada’s Information Commissioner has warned that federal budget cuts could put response times for access-to-information requests at risk.