1. GQ published a primer on our very own Nardwuar titled, “Who the hell is Nardwuar?”
2. There is a whiff of a rumour that Kimberly Peirce’s upcoming remake of Carrie (Chloe Moretz has just been cast in the title role) will be shot in Toronto.
3. It may not be 24 degrees anymore, but these spring-training photos—and accompanying article by veteran photographer Brad Mangin, who’s shot the Grapefruit League for 20 years—will warm you up.
1. The TTC is reviewing a Bus Stop Bible Studies ad (which advises a child whose parents are drug addicts, “Don’t worry about anything. Pray about everything”) after a slew of tweets calling it irresponsible.
2. The federal government is introducing new rules that would reduce the time it takes to carry out environmental assessments of “major energy and industrial projects.”
3. If you’re not aware of the Michael Bay/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles calamity, Grantland explains why Bay, who is producing a remake of the beloved series, must be stopped.