1. City Council is debating that whole transit thing today, I don’t know, something about subways or LSD or STDs, I’m not too sure. But Torontoist has been dutifully covering the proceedings in real time.
2. Guess what? We’re using more condoms! Hurray!
3. Don’t you wish that instead of having to pull out your cellphone every time it buzzes, you could just feel the vibration in your skin? Nokia has filed a patent to make that happen. (Creepy, right?)
1. Gordon Fucking Ramsay is suing Laurier BBQ for nearly $3 million after the Montreal restaurant backed out of a partnership with Ramsay, claiming the celebrity chef didn’t really do all that much. I know it may not seem worth the trouble for a man who has a net worth of $118 million, but that beach house ain’t gonna renovate itself.
2. The Beatles couldn’t do it. Neither could the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Radiohead, or Adele. But boy band One Direction, the product of Britain’s The X Factor, has become the first U.K. band to debut at number one on the U.S. charts.
3. Harry Potter actor Jamie Waylett, who played one of Draco Malfoy’s goons, Crabbe, has received a two-year prison sentence for looting during last summer’s London riots.