1. According to MoneySense (via The AV Club), Toronto is officially better than Montreal.
2. The Beatles’ 1968 acid trip Yellow Submarine, which is out of print, is being restored and released on DVD and Blu-ray on May 29.
3. Hot Docs announced its line-up today, including opener Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry, a documentary on the Chinese artist that won a special jury prize at Sundance, and a film about James Franco’s time on General Hospital.
1. Did you know there are people out there who want to make phys. ed. mandatory all throughout high school? Two provincial health agencies, supported by NDP leader Andrea Horwath, are advocating for this. Have they ever seen Freaks and Geeks?
2. The stupid New York Times is making us pay for its stupid articles again. Instead of cutting people off at 20 free articles a month, the website will allow readers to access only 10 articles before insisting that we pay real money to read more.
3. Remember when Katy Perry tried to cover Jay-Z and Kanye West and the internet booed and booed? Here’s Alyssa Rosenberg with a few more examples of white girls covering black men’s songs.