1. Iceland is looking at possibly adopting the Canadian dollar—and we’re into it. Let the empire-building commence!
2. Major League Baseball has changed its playoff format, adding two more wild-card teams to the mix, which means there will be 10 clubs invited to the post-season. It’s all very complicated.
3. Do you like Slate? Do you like books? Then you will LOVE Slate‘s new monthly Book Review feature.
1. Toronto has asked the province for a “no board” request, which would legally allow the city to lock out its inside workers—and will also allow CUPE Local 79 to go on strike.
2. A Carleton University professor has come under fire from scientists after teaching a course that claims climate change is not caused by humans.
3. A new report from an Ottawa-based think-tank ranks Canada’s health care 10th out of 17 peer countries, stating that chronic diseases are burden on the system.