1. Today I learned there is something called the Expert Advisory Panel on Glass Panels in Balcony Guards, and they’ve released a report full of recommendations to prevent glass falling from high-rise buildings.
2. When a video of a Rochester, New York school bus monitor being viciously bullied by a bunch of middle school kids went viral, a Toronto man started an online campaign to raise money to send her on vacation—and the video has raised over $300,000!
3. Rob Ford gave his first key to the city to George Cohon, the founder of McDonald’s Canada. Insert punchline here.
1. Ken Gass, the founder and artistic director of Factory Theatre, was fired by the theatre’s board of directors last night.
2. The World’s Biggest Bookstore, which has stood on Edward Street near Yonge and Dundas for over 30 years, may close in 2013.
3. RIM has confirmed that its new BlackBerry will have a touchscreen only, with no physical keyboard. Am I the only one who misses buttons?