Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. The Village Voice has pointed out an unfortunate juxtaposition of stories on the cover of Winnipeg’s edition of Metro.
2. Immigration minister Jason Kenney is NOT SORRY for calling the deputy premier of Alberta a “complete and utter asshole” in an email.
3. Don’t get too attached to Toronto’s real-estate boom; it won’t last long.
1. According to Stats Canada, Canadians smoke less cigarettes than we did a decade ago. Oh, and we’re also drinking more heavily.
2. Do you have “the patience of Job, the wisdom of Solomon and the vision of Moses”? Then Royson James thinks you’d be a great addition to the TTC commission, which is adding four citizen members to its ranks alongside seven councillors.
3. In some very exciting but very early movie-casting news, Jon Hamm is reportedly signing up to star in a new Larry David comedy as David’s nemesis. Let’s talk about this for the next year!