1. It’s official: Ottawa has approved Target’s expansion into Canada! Of course, CanCon is a must.
2. Attendance at the Toronto Zoo has gone up a staggering 46 per cent this year, largely due to the influx of cute furry things. So cute! So furry!
3. The soundtrack to David Lynch’s 1977 film Eraserhead is getting a limited edition reissue on vinyl on August 6.
1. James Bishop is suing Toronto police officers over his arrest last year for trespassing at the Scarborough YMCA, claiming the arrest was violent and unnecessary.
2. Four Honda Indy pit crew members were injured today during a practice run.
3. One whole day after it was announced that HBO had optioned the rights to a film about Fox News and its president, Roger Ailes, the network has killed the project, claiming its affiliation with Fox competitor CNN poses a problem.