Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Tim Hortons has jumped on the Wi-Fi bandwagon: Free internet access will be available at 90 per cent of its locations by September.
2. TIFF is offering a seven-week crash-course in French cinema starting July 13, just in time to brush up on the essentials before the festival.
3. Is Seth Meyers the next Regis Philbin? All signs point to yes…
1. Next time you’re headed for the Toronto Islands, leave early: Toronto ferries will be forced to run at half the capacity that they’re capable of holding due to new federal safety standards.
2. Sales of Toronto homes fell 13 per cent in June, a figure that the Toronto Real Estate Board says is due to the land transfer tax.
3. Say goodbye to the charming if terrifying Chuck E. Cheese of the classic Pizza Time Theatre, and hello to a newer, sexier, guitar-wielding rock-star mouse. I feel old.