1. Toronto police unveiled a new Crime Stoppers app today, which they’re hoping will encourage people to tip off police without worrying about revealing their identities.
2. Frank Ocean posted a statement on his blog confirming speculation about his sexuality, writing that his first love was a man.
3. From the Apple rumour mill: Is an iPad mini on the horizon?
1. Hundreds of thousands of people could be cut off from the internet (the horror!) on Saturday when the FBI shuts down temporary servers used as a result of a massive internet fraud scheme.
2. A 22-year-old man is the lucky winner of a contest held by the Evergreen charity. His prize: He gets to live in his car for a month to demonstrate Toronto’s above-average commute times, which can equal almost 30 days spent in your car over the course of a year.
3. The Department of National Defence apparently spent almost half a million dollars on promotional wristbands, jerseys, hockey pucks, and other items that were likely thrown in a drawer and forgotten about by their recipients.