Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Mark the date: As of February 4, 2013, the Canadian penny will no longer be in circulation. Round that shit to the nearest five-cent increment and feel your pockets become light with joy and lack of pennies!
2. Big Brother Canada begins its online casting process on Wednesday, in case you don’t want to wait for the in-person auditions to come to Toronto on Oct. 14. Don’t miss this crucial opportunity to become a reality star circa 2001.
3. Finally, the Girls parody we’ve all been waiting for.
1. How metal is Toronto bass player Michael Crossley? So metal that a potential landlord turned him down after he found out about his illicit pastime of playing in a metal band.
2. The dream of a rejuvenated Port Lands has hit a wall: A privately owned cement-making facility sits on a patch of land proposed for a public park.
3. A member of the Swiss Olympic soccer team was kicked out of the Games today after tweeting about his South Korean opponents, calling them “retards.” Okay, whose idea was it to give the Olympic athletes Twitter accounts and encourage them to tweet? Oh, the International Olympic Committee, you say?