Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Police Chief Bill Blair has announced a new overtime program for Toronto Police, which means hundreds of extra police officers will patrol the city for the remainder of the summer.
2. The Cinesphere is saved! A panel report released today outlined plans for a new and improved Ontario Place.
3. You can stop huddling in the corner now: Twitter is back online after a brief outage earlier this morning.
1. Better check the mail: Ignoring government notices to renew your retro red-and-white health card could soon result in a suspension of OHIP coverage.
2. Members of North Korea’s soccer team walked off the Olympic field after South Korea’s flag was mistakenly displayed on the big screen prior to their match.
3. Concordia University student Jun Lin was laid to rest today in Montreal.