Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Premier Buzzkill—ahem—McGuinty continues to refuse the the sale of beer and liquor in Ontario’s convenience stores, despite a petition by the Ontario Conveniece Stores Association having raised over 112,000 signatures.
2. Eep. Not a good start: the Canadian women’s soccer team lost their first match to Japan with a score of 2–1.
3. Do you hear that? It’s the sound of millions of Twi-hearts breaking.
1. Police are still searching for a good Samaritan who stopped traffic on the DVP near Lawrence Ave. after a woman in her 60s jumped from a nearby bridge yesterday afternoon.
2. Canadian fashion brand Joe Fresh is poised for an American invasion, with shops set to open in 700 J.C. Penney locations across the States next spring.
3. Stressed? Take a cue from German hotline “Schimpf-los” and let those swear-words fly.