Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. The city’s ongoing condo boom is causing patient overcrowding in Toronto’s ERs, say local physicians.
2. James Holmes, suspected gunman in last Friday’s theatre shooting in Aurora, Colorado, made his first court appearance today.
3. Canada’s Olympic athletes may be absent from Friday’s opening ceremonies because the event is scheduled past their bedtime.
1. In an out-of-character move, Rob Ford is calling for no “B.S.” as he meets with Premier Dalton McGuinty today and Prime Minister Stephen Harper tomorrow to discuss solutions to Toronto’s escalating gun violence.
2. After landing the plumb role of the three-breasted hooker in this summer’s Total Recall remake, 24-year-old Toronto native Kaitlyn Leeb’s star is on the rise.
3. It’s partly selfish, but… the Toronto Zoo’s elephant trio will be staying put for the summer out of concern for their health.