Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Following the most recent shooting in Lawrence Heights—the city’s 30th homicide this year—community groups and local politicos are butting heads over solutions to the recent spate of gun violence.
2. The next Toronto edition of The Onion and its arts and culture section The A.V. Club will be its last: the publication (published by the Toronto Star Media Group, which also publishes The Grid) is shutting down here after just 10 months in circulation.
3. Say it ain’t so, Ed Harken! Anchorman’s Fred Willard was arrested in Hollywood last night for committing a lewd act in an adult film theatre.
1. The City of Toronto is replacing social assistance cheques with debit cards, saving recipients exorbitant cheque-cashing fees and—lest we forget—trees!
2. The 2012 Emmy nominations are out and the Canadians are taking over.
3. Wanted: Barista. Salary: $53,712 – $68,784 annually. (Yes, you read that correctly.)