1. A Canadian was allowed through U.S. customs by flashing a scanned copy of his passport on his iPad. That’s certainly a better excuse to get an iPad than “easier to watch stuff while reclining.”
2. Hey, look, it’s Feist covering Guns ‘N Roses’ “November Rain” at a concert in Mexico. How lovely.
3. Do you like bicycles? How about 1,200 bicycles stacked on top of each other? Then check out this installation by China’s Ai Weiwei.
1. The family of Oscar Bartholomew, a Toronto man who was beaten to death by five Grenada police officers over the holidays, is pressing charges against the police.
2. The Book Mark, Toronto’s oldest independent bookstore (maybe, probably?) will close at the end of January after 46 years of business.
3. Apparently the Arctic Monkeys ruined New Year’s for the crowd at their show in Australia. The band didn’t realize they were supposed to lead the countdown and left the stage promptly at 11:58.