1. Everyone’s going to be home on New Year’s watching the triumphant return of Electric Circus on MuchMusic, right?
2. Steve Jobs will receive a posthumous Grammy at the 2012 awards, for his contributions to the music industry. Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder? Doesn’t the music industry kind of hate Steve Jobs?
3. Police in cities across Canada and Britain are giving out lollipops to drunk jackasses in bars to prevent fights. Awwww!
1. Businesses and restaurants in the downtown core are complaining that compensation for damages during the G20 has been unevenly distributed. Councillor Adam Vaughan, whose riding includes most of the areas affected by the G20, agrees: “You’d expect to see a pattern, if there was a degree of fairness, and there is no pattern.”
2. Former Leaf Tie Domi owes the Royal Bank of Canada $90,000 after taking out a loan for his company five years ago.
3. City Hall-themed porn may be imminent now that someone has purchased the domain toronto.xxx. Shudder.