Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. An official plan has been submitted to the City of Markham for an NHL-ready arena, which aims to be open by 2014.
2. Reason 483 why Joan Rivers is the best: The comedian chained herself to a shopping cart at Costco in Burbank, California to protest the store’s refusal to sell her new book, I Hate Everyone…Starting With Me.
3. Atom Egoyan has cast fellow Canadian Ryan Reynolds to star in his upcoming movie, Queen of the Night.
1. Drake is getting flak for his newly released “duet” with Aaliyah, “Enough Said,” which features unreleased vocals from the late R&B singer. Her family denies any involvement in the single, and Timbaland and Flying Lotus have spoken out against its release.
2. Police are looking into a video of a man peeing on another man’s face while he sleeps on the pavement in front of the Eaton Centre.
3. Rob Ford is in the Humber River Regional Hospital with a throat infection.