Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. The inevitable Jack Layton biopic has arrived, and apparently is already filming in Winnipeg. CBC regular Rick Roberts plays Jack and Sook-Yin Lee plays Olivia Chow. It is, of course, called Smilin’ Jack.
2. A housing research firm says the Toronto condo market has officially peaked. Can someone please tell that to the in-progress condo building that is ruining my office’s view one torturous floor at a time?
3. American rower Henrik Rummel will have you know that his clearly visible boner during the medal ceremony was, in fact, simply his flaccid penis. Nothing to see here.
1. FIFA is examining yesterday’s Olympic semi-final match between the U.S. and Canadian women’s soccer teams, which the U.S. won in overtime—aided by, according to the Canadian team, some sketchy calls from the Norwegian ref.
2. Three Canadian media companies have thrown their weight behind Astral’s campaign to stop Bell from purchasing the company.
3. R.I.P. composer Marvin Hamlisch, who achieved the mythical EGOT and more.