Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Councillor Doug Ford’s daughter Krista (of former Lingerie Football League fame) reeeeaaallly stepped in it when she tweeted that if a woman doesn’t want to be sexually assaulted, she shouldn’t “dress like a whore.”
2. Many Ontario teachers won’t be putting in extra time to lead extracurricular clubs and after-school activities, citing the government’s controversial legislation that will freeze wages and ban strikes.
3. TIFF issued a press release today to express its concern over the disappearance of Syrian filmmaker Orwa Nyrabia, who may have been arrested last week when he tried to board a plane to Cairo.
1. The TTC is shelling out $2.1 million to boost service on 34 routes, starting on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
2. Chef Susur Lee is teaming up with the Toronto District School Board to come up with nutritious menu items that won’t make teenagers run screaming for the nearest McDonald’s.
3. Praise the lord, Jersey Shore is ending after the upcoming sixth season.