Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Tim Hortons has raised prices on baked goods and sandwiches (although coffee has been spared) due to “higher operating costs.”
2. Yesterday it was Nadal, and today Roger Federer, the number one tennis player in the world, has pulled out of the Rogers Cup, which takes place at York University’s Rexall Centre next week.
3. Toronto’s real-estate market has taken a downturn, with sales dropping 1.5 per cent in the month of July.
1. But at least our loonie’s looking good: The Canadian dollar is pretty much on par with the American dollar (or at least it was at some point this afternoon).
2. The GTA is going to be home to Canada’s first indoor skiiing and snowboarding facility, although details are still hazy.
3. In honour of Drake’s upcoming OVO Fest (at the Molson Amphitheatre on Sunday), here’s a very precise list, courtesy of Vulture, of the 239 issues tackled by Degrassi thus far in its 12-season run.