Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. In February, the AGO is hosting a three-month exhibition of rocker Patti Smith’s photography, which consists entirely of Polaroids.
2. Swam across Lake Ontario lately? Well, this 14-year-old girl did, so what have you been doing with your summer?
3. Apple is officially the most valuable company ever, having surpassed Microsoft’s $620.6-billion-dollar record.
1. A construction crane collapsed on Kipling Avenue this afternoon, trapping a bus full of passengers for an hour due to broken hydro wires that were thought to be live.
2. R.I.P. Phyllis Diller, the female comedian who paved the way for pretty much every other female comedian. She was 95.
3. And R.I.P. Tony Scott, Ridley Scott’s younger brother and director of Top Gun, True Romance, Enemy of the State and many more. He died yesterday at the age of 68 in an apparent suicide.