Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. I apologize in advance for ruining your day: Here is an article outlining the terrible conditions facing the animals at Niagara Falls’ Marineland.
2. Today in yuck: The lawyer representing Eaton Centre shooter Christopher Husbands also represented Michael Rafferty during the Tori Stafford trial. Also, his name is Dirk Derstine.
3. A Barrie man and his 54-year-old son are facing charges after police found over 80 explosive devices in their house.
1. The provincial government has approved the recommendations for Ontario Place outlined in the Minister’s Advisory Panel report, which called for protecting the waterfront’s sightlines and creating easy public access to the area.
2. Toronto band Enter the Haggis is writing an album based on a single issue of The Globe and Mail (to be released exactly one year later), and they’ve taken to Kickstarter to beg for funds. Won’t you help these poor musicians make their gimmick a reality?
3. Toronto has made it into the top five of the Economist Intelligence Unit’s list of most livable cities. WE’RE NUMBER FOUR! WE’RE NUMBER FOUR!