Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Telus is backing Astral Media’s campaign to stop Bell from buying them out, claiming the purchase would “give Bell unprecedented market power.”
2. Devo is releasing a single called “Don’t Roof Rack Me, Bro! (Remember Seamus),” a reference to Mitt Romney’s admitting that he once stuck his dog in a crate on the roof of his car for a 12-hour trip. Good stuff!
3. Rob Ford is travelling to Chicago in September in the hopes of strengthening the sister-city agreement established between Toronto and Chicago in 1991.
1. Oh yeah, but he was also photographed reading while driving on the Gardiner today, leading to this inevitability.
2. An Ontario judge hopes the province will clear up its complicated tenant-landlord rules after a Toronto landlord complained that her tenant hadn’t paid his $3,600-a-month rent in almost a year.
3. Ryan Lochte is appearing on 90210 as himself. How the mighty have fallen.