1. The same food distributor has enjoyed a decade-long monopoly servicing the Toronto Island, but that may change now that Friends of the Toronto Islands are looking into more options for the next 10-year deal.
2. Jack White has booked a fall tour, which brings him to Toronto’s Sony Centre on October 3 and 4.
3. A source at AT&T is pinning the release of the iPhone 5 to late September.
1. Here’s some comforting news: According to a new poll, almost half of all Canadians have no money stashed away for emergencies.
2. Long-time editor of Cosmpolitan, Helen Gurley Brown, has passed away at age 90.
3. Maybe you’ve heard of this restaurant in NYC called Dans Le Noir? (yeah, the question mark is part of it), where you sit in a room with a bunch of strangers eating in pitch-black darkness. I’d rather eat McDonald’s fries off the pavement outside Union Station, and apparently, so would these two editors from the website Eater.