Your daily round-up of all the news that’s fit to click.
1. Anyone want to make a quick $100? This kid on Kijiji wants to pay you to use your house for a “semi-large” party for his 19th birthday. (Thanks to Grid reader Jared Gordon for the heads up.)
2. CBC has snatched the Olympic Games broadcasting rights back from CTV, which has aired the past two games. CBC will broadcast the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi, Russia and the 2016 Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro.
3. If only all thieves were this nice: A man who broke into a Guelph home and stole $1000 worth of items came back 24 hours later to return the goods and leave a remorseful note, plus $50 for damage to the screen door. Awww.
1. A group of women arrested during the G20 summit are suing Toronto police, claiming to be profiled based on their hairy legs.
2. A Federal Court judicial review stated that the government’s appointment of a third party to manage the housing crisis in Attawapiskat was “unreasonable.”
3. A passenger flying with Air Canada from Victoria to Toronto found a sewing needle in a pre-packaged sandwich, echoing similar discoveries in sandwiches on Delta flights a few weeks ago.