1. Toronto has been named the fourth best city in the world for tech start-ups…
2. …and Canada’s banks have been named the safest in the world for investors.
3. Venerable comic book store Silver Snail has found a new home at Yonge and Dundas. The new location is set to open in July, and their current Queen West store will remain open until then.
1. After 27 years on the air, Fashion Television has ceased production.
2. Councillor Michael Thompson isn’t quite ready to let go of the casino dream: He wants a mid-term referendum to decide whether the city should go ahead with the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation’s offer to put a casino in the GTA, possibly in the space formerly known as Ontario Place.
3. Axl Rose wrote an open letter to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, where Guns N’ Roses is supposed to be inducted on Saturday, explaining that he will not be attending and he doesn’t want to be in their stupid hall of fame either.