1. NXNE announced its 2012 lineup today, including a free Yonge-Dundas square concert with headliners The Flaming Lips (on the same day Radiohead play Downsview Park, naturally).
2. Do you love Coke? I mean, like, really love it? The company is giving you a chance to show your love by introducing machines that, when hugged, dispense a free can of Coke.
3. IKEA has ventured into the electronics game with a new piece of furniture that has a built-in sound system and LED TV, plus Blu-ray, CD and DVD players.
1. A prominent gay activist in Halifax was found dead following an attack outside a bar today; police are treating the death as a homicide.
2. An online poll has determined that the Leafs are officially the most embarrassing team to root for.
3. The Band’s Levon Helm is “in the final stages of his battle with cancer,” according to a note on Helm’s website.