It’s time for the Friday Refresh: a round-up of this week’s top stories at TheGridTO.com, plus a few you may have missed.
1. With July being the closest month to paradise in Toronto, we thought this was an appropriate time to give you 94 excuses to drink now. And we hope you appreciate all of them!
2. And if you’re going to have a nice summery drink, why not do it on one of Toronto’s favourite patios?
3. This week started off great for Captain John’s famed seafood ship, but ended in tragedy with the restaurant being shut down by the City.
4. Speaking of shocking stories of the sea, is Jaws the greatest movie of all time?
5. The new transit plan OneCity seemed too amazing to be true, and Queen’s Park has already voiced its displeasure with the plan. But, as Edward Keenan writes, OneCity represents the chance to start a great new discussion about transit in Toronto.
6. Where exactly will Rob Ford be this weekend? We don’t know. What we do know is that he spent Canada Day 2010 in East York.
7. All of us want to minimize collisions between cars and cyclists, therefore we must take crucial steps other than just making bike helmets mandatory.
8. Whenever you feel like embracing your inner Monet, The Junction’s ARTiculations is the best place to start.
9. With Pride upon us once again, The Grid‘s Sarah Liss takes a look back at the life and legacy of one of Toronto’s most important queer civic heroes, Will Munro. We will miss him always.
10. And in case you’re looking for somewhere to party at Pride, our Pride Guide has you covered. Have a great long weekend!