It’s time for the Friday Refresh: a round-up of this week’s top stories at TheGridTO.com, plus a few you may have missed.
1. Ever seen 200 cyclists going for a naked bike ride “to protest oil dependency and celebrate the human body”? You have now.
2. All Gen-Y employees are lazy and spoiled kids, right? Wrong. The truth, as this week’s cover story explains, is that the Millennials are scrambling to cope with today’s very bleak job prospects.
3. Why do celebrities love Toronto? We found out earlier this week at the MMVAs, where we got acquainted with Carly Rae Jepsen and somehow survived the after-parties.
4. The Spadina bus makes its grand return this summer. But did you know that the dedicated streetcar on Spadina was once the cause of a major transit war?
5. The sneaky pool swim is a classic sweltering-weather tradition in Toronto. And you can try it one of two stealthy ways: the late-night public pool dive, or the mid-afternoon hotel rooftop infiltration.
6. You’ve probably noticed that City Hall seems to have gone a little haywire of late. That’s because Toronto politics is severely lacking in leadership, writes Edward Keenan.
7. Is it possible you’re wearing an improperly-sized condom?! Let The Sex Detective solve this problem for you.
8. So many of Toronto’s hottest new restaurants showed up at The Stop’s Night Market, we just had to show them off in this photo gallery.
9. PROTIP: If you see either of these guys on the TTC, you might wanna switch seats.
10. This is the most hideous logo (or even potential logo) for any Toronto neighbourhood (or neighbourhood Business Improvement Area) that we have ever seen. Have a good weekend!