It’s time for the Friday Refresh: a round-up of this week’s top stories at TheGridTO.com, plus a few you may have missed.
1. It’s that time again! The CNE kicks off today, and while it might be expensive and a little bit grimy, the Ex also offers an inspiring vision for Toronto’s future.
2. What happens when a big group of teenagers have a massive sleepover in the Gladstone Hotel? The answer: our writer gets mummified.
3. Hockey fans can rest easy at long last: Maple Leaf Gardens is now once again a hockey arena.
4. Our TIFF site launched this week! Bookmark it now for all the news you’ll need leading up to the fest.
5. Tipping seems to always be a contentious issue, but it was especially so back in 1979, when a group of angry servers took their case to arbitration.
6. Toronto has become a hub of late for independent videogame development, but this game sets a whole new standard.
7. Did you know Canada’s most famous competitive eater is the holder of six Guinness World Records? Yup, it’s true. Meet Furious Pete.
8. An epic comment debate is raging on this story, about whether airlines are family-unfriendly. Go ahead, jump in there.
9. Ever wanted to start up a food truck? Let the Gourmet Bitches show you how.
10. Oh and in case you missed it, this week we showed you how to make a blueberry pie in less than three minutes. You’re welcome.